Keyboard question

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Apple's new Pro keyboard, would it by any chance be available for PC's? I have to use a PC for a certain work-related task, and I'm absolutely in love with Apple's keyboard. Would there be a lock-out issue there?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackwave

Apple's new Pro keyboard, would it by any chance be available for PC's? I have to use a PC for a certain work-related task, and I'm absolutely in love with Apple's keyboard. Would there be a lock-out issue there?

I haven't used the current apple keyboard, but I used one of the previous generation on my PC and my Mac. It worked great. I can't remember if the volume and eject keys worked on the PC. I haven't tried the current one as I jetissoned my PC before getting it.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I share a new Apple keyboard between a G5 & PC with a USB switchbox and it works great. Guartho is right, no volume or eject on the PC. The old Pro keyboard had the same limitations.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Math-Sux

I share a new Apple keyboard between a G5 & PC with a USB switchbox and it works great. Guartho is right, no volume or eject on the PC. The old Pro keyboard had the same limitations.

not true. the volume control works fine on my xp pc. no such luck with eject tho
  • Reply 4 of 5
    My PC friend kept saying something about a cursid "bridge" being required in some kind of hardware form... but I'd trust your opinions sooner, given that you have the decency to try a product (primarilly a Mac in this reference) before berating it.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I use an apple keyboard hooked up to a winXP box, 2 xserves and a g4 tower, thru a USB KVM switch. No problems with XP, however I'm not sure about the eject and volumes keys.

One thing I did have to do was let XP boot with a PS2 keyboard then plugin the apple keyboard so XP could do its "new hardware found" thing. After that it works fine.