Gmail question

regreg
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
After you send 5 or 6 emails from gmail you are given 6 invites. Do you get additional invites to pass out later after you send another so many emails?

reg

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by reg

After you send 5 or 6 emails from gmail you are given 6 invites. Do you get additional invites to pass out later after you send another so many emails?

reg

Dunno, but you can invite yourself once from the first set of 6, then once from the new set of 6 (giving you 10 invites) and so on. Of course you could invite yourself 6 times, then 6 from each new one, but that gets ridiculous But you can do it. But yeah I think they get triggered by sending emails, so it begins to be a lot of work

I have about 15 invites. By the way, the other reason to do this is to gobble up variations on your name. I don't mean merely for squatting purposes either. I have one for spam, one for friends, one for work, etc.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    They top you up every once and awhile
  • Reply 3 of 4
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Dunno, but you can invite yourself once from the first set of 6, then once from the new set of 6 (giving you 10 invites) and so on. Of course you could invite yourself 6 times, then 6 from each new one, but that gets ridiculous But you can do it. But yeah I think they get triggered by sending emails, so it begins to be a lot of work

I have about 15 invites. By the way, the other reason to do this is to gobble up variations on your name. I don't mean merely for squatting purposes either. I have one for spam, one for friends, one for work, etc.

My friend did that...I called it Invite Farming.

And then I threatened to report his ass.