Broadcasting EyeTV over iChat or Internet?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey- awhile back I read an article about broadcasting TV over iChat and I can't remember where.

I have one of the shiny new iMacs with an EyeTV USB and I was wondering if I could broadcast the eyeTV's signal over the internet somehow?

I tried quicktime broadcaster, but it doesn't recognize the USB interface...

Any ideas?

I'd like to connected via iChat.

Peace

-taco

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

Hey- awhile back I read an article about broadcasting TV over iChat and I can't remember where.

I have one of the shiny new iMacs with an EyeTV USB and I was wondering if I could broadcast the eyeTV's signal over the internet somehow?

I tried quicktime broadcaster, but it doesn't recognize the USB interface...

Any ideas?

I'd like to connected via iChat.

Peace

-taco

i believe you remember me talking about doing it last year with the world series. I didn't use an EyeTV though. My brother, in NY connected our miniDV camera and used the pass through function to import the satelite tv output. he then used iCHat AV to stream it to me. It worked extremely well at fullscreen but uses a ton of bandwidth.

It's not possible with EyeTV as far as I know since I now own that and don't see how it would be possible
  • Reply 2 of 3
    rara Posts: 623member
    Maybe you can use Quicktime Broadcaster somehow?
  • Reply 3 of 3

CyTV anyone?

EDIT: corrected the link