Which G5 video card would be better for gaming?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I cant really fine anything comparing the graphics cards Apple is offering with the Dual 2.5 G5. Can somebody tell me which of these cards would give the best performance for gaming on a regular monitor and why? (Nvidia Geforce 6800, ATI Radeon 9800 XT, 9600)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    You should have a browse at www.tomshardware.com. Every benchmark you could ever want there.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    6800 hands down.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    leonardleonard Posts: 528member
    Cards from Best to Okay - Geforce 6800, Radeon 9800XT, Radeon 9600XT, Geforce 5200.

If you want to know why go to a gamer's review site or a hardware review site. Any gamer knows that the Geforce 6800 Ultra and the Radeon X800 (which there is no Mac version, yet) are the latest generation of video cards.

By the way, the Geforce 6800 Ultra won't be shipping till sometime in late October. It is heavily delayed and back-ordered.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    The most expensive one you can afford!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonard

Cards from Best to Okay - Geforce 6800, Radeon 9800XT, Radeon 9600XT, Geforce 5200.

If you want to know why go to a gamer's review site or a hardware review site. Any gamer knows that the Geforce 6800 Ultra and the Radeon X800 (which there is no Mac version, yet) are the latest generation of video cards.

By the way, the Geforce 6800 Ultra won't be shipping till sometime in late October. It is heavily delayed and back-ordered.

Once a believer and now I'm NOT.

Once upon a time there was an NVIDIA Geforce 6800 Ultra. It would make all the people in Fairytale Land very happy. For weeks in September all the people stood watching, waiting and nothing happened.

"The people are getting angry!" said King Steve. "Tell them to be patient for the 6800 will make their life better. Tell them October. Tell them the 21st, the 29th, tell them something!"

And the minions spun the new tale to all the people in Fairytale land. Anxious to see, to own this new amazing device the people wait. Can the days in October be true they wonder. Will it really be November?

Then one day in early October, from where no one knew, started the terrible rumor that King Steve wasn't Steve Jobs as all the people in this story believed but in fact was Stephen King and the October dates will bring the same terror as did the September promises!

1. There's a check in the mail.

2. I'll respect you in the morning.

3. The 6800's will ship in late October.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    LOL!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by emig647

LOL!

Couldn't have said it better and you used no words!
  • Reply 8 of 8
    the 6800 when (if) it ships!