How do you get a menubar tool back???

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Anybody use that Meteorologist module with the icon that sits up in menubar? Mine has disappeared it seems. The Activity Monitor shows it is, indeed, running. However, the icon in the menubar has disappeared. I tried restarting the computer. Also, I "reinstalled" the app, and activated it. However, I am still missing my handy little weather indicator. Any ideas how to restore the menubar functionality?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I have the same problem with meteorologist. After any boot, it will invariably disappear. Back in the earlier versions, it actually used to crash, but now it disappears. I'm not so concerned because I use konfabulator's Weather widget, but it is a mystery to me.

I have Net Monitor, Konfabulator and Proteus third party menu items, but I don't think any of them would be the cause.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Well it did disappear right about when I started messing around with iClock and Xfactor (menubar indicator) to my menubar. Thing is, it didn't come back when I deactivated them. Other than this one incident, it has never given me any trouble. I just wish there was a way to get it back. Sure is getting crowded up there (but menubar doodads are pretty cool, nonetheless).