Great deal on eMac's at Dixons(Birmingham UK)

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Only 999 uk pounds for a 1Ghz Emac !?!?!

(549 pounds for 1.25 Ghz at apple store)

Why do they even bother!

The demo system was also screwed up as well.

I allmost asked to speak to the manager and ask him why his shop was so piss poor!

Well at least we are getting an Apple store here soon so apples will get the showcase they deserve.

One other thing I noticed on my shopping trip. At the proper apple reseller we have here, they were so busy! Loads of people in the shop! 10% market share here we come?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    versuversu Posts: 6member
    If this is the same branch that I think it is, then a few weeks ago they had a 15" PB 1GHz old stock with SD for £899, which made it a bargain compared with the iBooks on sale.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    tadunnetadunne Posts: 175member
    Quote:

Originally posted by versu

If this is the same branch that I think it is, then a few weeks ago they had a 15" PB 1GHz old stock with SD for £899, which made it a bargain compared with the iBooks on sale.

I'm amazed they are still in business..
  • Reply 3 of 7
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    I thought this was going to be an "I know they're usually crap as a Mac shop, but I was pleasantly surprised" thread. The only other UK high street store I can think of that sells Macs is John Lewis, who sell eMacs for £549.

Was the eMac ever a grand?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

I thought this was going to be an "I know they're usually crap as a Mac shop, but I was pleasantly surprised" thread. The only other UK high street store I can think of that sells Macs is John Lewis, who sell eMacs for £549.

No this was more of a "I know they are crap as a Mac shop but they are even worse atm" thread..

I think my eMac cost me 899 for a 700 Mhz when they first came out..

Are there any Dixons/PC World people out there that can explain why their mac displays are so messed up, is it a lack of training or do you get more comission on the other products, you seem to not have the same problem with the iPods...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

My local John Lewis has a great Mac section. Almost as big as the PC section and very much the centre of attention. They will have the new iMacs in this week, so feel a wander may be required.

Dixons is a joke. I wouldn't buy blank DVDs from them let alone anything substantial. High prices and clueless staff.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by kotatsu

My local John Lewis has a great Mac section. Almost as big as the PC section and very much the centre of attention. They will have the new iMacs in this week, so feel a wander may be required.

Dixons is a joke. I wouldn't buy blank DVDs from them let alone anything substantial. High prices and clueless staff.

They had the new iMac in our Local Apple centre. The 20 inch model is really nice worth a look, even if it only just a look.. for me
  • Reply 7 of 7
    the061the061 Posts: 25member
    Still not as bad as PC world, in Oldham.

3 out of 4 of the display units (iMac 15's) still run Jaguar with iDVD, iPhoto and iMovie all blocked as user applications so it looks like you can't even view images on a Mac.

This is the only interaction some people get with OSX! Its no wonder many don't think its worth the switch.