Macs at Compucentre Canada

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Macs are back at Compucentre in Toronto. I saw a imac g4, ibook, cinema display, and accessories. No software though. The last time they sold macs was the original bondi imac.

I don't see this as a good thing as Compucentre was never really a mac store. The bondi mac was an easy way to make a quick buck during its frenzied demand back in the day. Don't expect any service or knowledgable staff. The g5 imac is not the "wow, must have item" of the year. That's the ipod. So what drove them back to apple? Is there money to be made?

Also, I noticed the store format changed slightly. There's a new emphasis on hardware. Big ticket items. The store was better known as a software and game store. Change of heart?

Macs back at Compucentre and Best Buy this year. Is there a change in attitude towards apple?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    They have been selling macs at the compucentre in Calgary here since the G5's first came out. Is this new for you guys? I'll agree with the staff comment though, although there is one guy who is ok here in cowtown. But to compucentres credit they do have a good selection of mac and ipod accessories for a chain store, not like when futureshop had mac stuff <shudders>.

Quote:

Originally posted by Kung Fu Guy

Macs are back at Compucentre in Toronto. I saw a imac g4, ibook, cinema display, and accessories. No software though. The last time they sold macs was the original bondi imac.

I don't see this as a good thing as Compucentre was never really a mac store. The bondi mac was an easy way to make a quick buck during its frenzied demand back in the day. Don't expect any service or knowledgable staff. The g5 imac is not the "wow, must have item" of the year. That's the ipod. So what drove them back to apple? Is there money to be made?

Also, I noticed the store format changed slightly. There's a new emphasis on hardware. Big ticket items. The store was better known as a software and game store. Change of heart?

Macs back at Compucentre and Best Buy this year. Is there a change in attitude towards apple?