Dual G5 2.0 / 20" LCD

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
From a PB G3 400 MHZ Pismo I went straight up to a PM G5 Dual 2.0 with a 20" aluminum display a month ago and I'm telling you I just couldn't be happier! Feels good, looks good, works perfectly, this is heaven, thank you guys in Cupertino, you're true artists!

Chris

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Hear Hear...

I went from a dual 500 to a dual 2.5 ....I know what you mean!
  • Reply 2 of 5
    moazammoazam Posts: 136member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris_here

From a PB G3 400 MHZ Pismo I went straight up to a PM G5 Dual 2.0 with a 20" aluminum display a month ago and I'm telling you I just couldn't be happier! Feels good, looks good, works perfectly, this is heaven, thank you guys in Cupertino, you're true artists!

Chris

How long did it take for you to get the Dual 2Ghz from Apple? I ordered mine on 10/1/04, currently order says "Open" and "Shipping on or before 10/14/04". Not sure if I should expect it to actually ship within that time frame, or if I should expect a delay...

-M
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sopphodesopphode Posts: 135member
    Quote:

Originally posted by moazam

How long did it take for you to get the Dual 2Ghz from Apple? I ordered mine on 10/1/04, currently order says "Open" and "Shipping on or before 10/14/04". Not sure if I should expect it to actually ship within that time frame, or if I should expect a delay...

-M

There seems to be an exact two week build time on the Dual 2 ghz machines now. I ordered on 9/7 and it shipped 9/21. But its well worth the wait
  • Reply 4 of 5
    moazammoazam Posts: 136member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sopphode

There seems to be an exact two week build time on the Dual 2 ghz machines now. I ordered on 9/7 and it shipped 9/21. But its well worth the wait

I just checked on my order and it has been shipped via Fedex! Mind you, this order had an upgraded video card and Bluetooth kit added.

I placed the order at 10/1/2004 (15 minutes before midnight!) and it shipped 10/6/2004. The FedEx delivery date is supposed to be 10/08/04..this Friday. Muhahahah.

-M
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by moazam

I just checked on my order and it has been shipped via Fedex! Mind you, this order had an upgraded video card and Bluetooth kit added.

I placed the order at 10/1/2004 (15 minutes before midnight!) and it shipped 10/6/2004. The FedEx delivery date is supposed to be 10/08/04..this Friday. Muhahahah.

-M

Must be nice! I ordered on June 28th, and received all but my Nvidia6800 on Sept 15th... still waiting on the 6800 (on or before Oct 15th).