what's in store for the iPod Mini?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
So rumors from Target employees aside, what do people think will happen with the iPod mini? I understand it isn't a year old yet, but you know how technology goes - you have to update sooner or later.

Surely the 4GB drive is still satifying interested owners but could a slightly larger drive happen soon? Or new colors? A new body? And of course no rumor thread is complete without the keystone question: WHEN?

I'm thinking of buying a mini... within the next few days... and thought to survey folks' opinions. Is now a good time to buy?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dinodino Posts: 34member
    It really just depends on you if you want to buy one now. I would probably get one now (Oh, how I love the minis) instead of waiting another year or so (I think it'll come out either in the middle or the end of next summer). What'll be in it? I'm thinking something along the lines of an 8gb hard drive (6gb at least). Some new colours; maybe red, yellow and orange (I don't if Apple will release these colours, but it'd be cool to see them).
  • Reply 2 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    now is a good time to buy a mini...

but what ever happened to the 60gb iPod HDs?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    kotatsukotatsu Posts: 1,010member
    I was originally intending to buy a mini, but the 4G iPod isn't that much larger in size. Seemed silly to go from (in my case) 20gb down to only 4, for the sake of a fractionally smaller case.

Since buying the 20gb my music collection has swelled to well beyond the 18gb that will fit on the thing... wish I'd bought the 40gb one now.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Well, my guess is that the mini will get larger hard drives and probably two more colors. Perhaps it will also get a price decrease.