Another "Television on my Mac?" thread

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I searched the threads first before posting this.

I remember reading a thread a while ago, discussing Tv on mac.

Elgato was discussed, as was another app.... I remember that one of them linked with iCal, and you could enter which programs, and times they were on, into iCal, and then those programs would be recorded onto your HD.

Does anyone else remember this, or know of what I am vaguely recollecting?

If so, please let me know what I am talking about.

Because,

iDunno

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    watson is dead (or dying anyway...)
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I think the card you're referring to is the Miglia Alchemy DVR PCI card. I bought the Alchemy TV card for my G5, and am having all kinds of problems with it. I'm on my third card, and all three have exhibited the same issues, namely:

Connecting to my cable box via coax yields audio in mono, not stereo.

Connecting via composite inputs works the first time, but after that I get a 60 Hz hum on top of the (now stereo) audio.

I've tried the latest version of software, and I've tried the card in both my G5 and G4 Powermacs with similar results (I got the Si card that will work in both G4 and G5). The only other thing i can think of is I'm using the optical digital output on the G5, and I've got an M-Audio Revolution 7.1 sound card in the G4. Does anyone have this card working correctly? Thanks.

Marc

Quote:

Originally posted by iDunno

I searched the threads first before posting this.

I remember reading a thread a while ago, discussing Tv on mac.

Elgato was discussed, as was another app.... I remember that one of them linked with iCal, and you could enter which programs, and times they were on, into iCal, and then those programs would be recorded onto your HD.

Does anyone else remember this, or know of what I am vaguely recollecting?

If so, please let me know what I am talking about.

Because,

iDunno