Newbie "Palm Pilot" type questions

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Sorry for such basic questions, but it's where I am, so....



I've been loving my 20" iMac to death, and have gotten quite accustomed to my "so simple, even a dummy like me can't **** it up" iCal program. As a professional musician who gigs regularly, I now keep all of my playing dates and special dates for my university responsibilities on iCal on the iMac. This is fine as far as it goes, but it means that I have to do all of my scheduling when I'm at home at my home computer.



My question is, is there a small portable device that will dock with my iMac and upload basic iCal information plus basic address book kind of stuff? If so, what are the options? Anything like what I'm describing would be a godsend. Thanks in advance.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 7
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,448member
    It's called your iPod.



    iPod-Music and more



    Nick
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:

    Originally posted by trumptman

    It's called your iPod.



    iPod-Music and more



    Nick




    Well I'll be damned...my wife just got me one for my birthday, too. Okay, I guess I have some exploring to do! Anybody tried entering iCal info into an iPod? Tips and or suggestions for an old dinosaur?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Chris,



    Enter the info in to iCal as normal, then sync the iPod. Easy .



    Dave.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Dave Abrey

    Chris,



    Enter the info in to iCal as normal, then sync the iPod. Easy .



    Dave.






    Excellent! What I was getting at, though, is how hard is it to enter a new date or contact into the iPod itself when I'm out and about? Remember, you're talking to an old fossil who refuses to carry a cell phone!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Chris Fitzgerald

    Excellent! What I was getting at, though, is how hard is it to enter a new date or contact into the iPod itself when I'm out and about? Remember, you're talking to an old fossil who refuses to carry a cell phone!



    Ah... That's one thing you can't do . There's no way to manually input the data on the iPod and then sync back to iCal on the Mac . You'll need a PDA, phone or note pad for that I'm afraid .



    Dave.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Dave Abrey

    Ah... That's one thing you can't do . There's no way to manually input the data on the iPod and then sync back to iCal on the Mac . You'll need a PDA, phone or note pad for that I'm afraid .



    Dave.




    Ah. Well, still, I could just carry a notepad in my iPod case and check against the electronic calendar, then enter the info when I get home. Thanks! What about addresses - what does the iPod sync to? Address Book, or something else?



    Anybody know where the best selection of iPod cases can be found?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Chris,



    iSync will sync your iPod w/ iCal and the system Address Book. If you get a Palm or something like that it will also sync that too.



    For iPod cases check out www.ipodlounge.com for reviews.
Sign In or Register to comment.