Best Powerbook accessories?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
What are your favorite/most used Powerbook accessories?

Who has taken the great design and innovation of the Powerbook and matched it well with something that makes it even better?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    nijiniji Posts: 288member
    Lexar's USB 512MB drive. Extremely quick. All USB drives are not the same! Works ofcourse on both Windoze XP as well as mac. Software on it to prevent accidental deletions. Tremendous value.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Sennheiser HD 497 headphones. I work with music all day and those puppies are hard to beat in terms of quality for value. I love 'em.

I wouldn't trade my Logitech Trackman Wheel for the world. I usually keep an extra in the original box just in case one breaks. For whatever reason, I just can't find another pointing device that fits me like that.

Dittos on the USB flash card. I just bought a SanDisk Cruzer mini 256 MB. Definitely a useful little device. Inexpensive as well.

Last, but not least... I own a 12" PowerBook (currently... hoping to upgrade by the end of the year... need more screen space), so I find the Kensington FlyLight to be quite useful while traveling by plane. The extra light it provides is helpful. But, if you have the 15" with that nifty backlit keyboard (drool...), then I guess you wouldn't need my little toy.

That's my 8 cents...
  • Reply 3 of 10
    iCurve, external keyboard and mouse!
  • Reply 4 of 10
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    kensington lock (with key) when bringing to geek farm .. err to work.

iskin (too lazy ot get a new one).
  • Reply 5 of 10
    I couldn't live without my Fellowes Micro Trac hand-held mouse.

Margaret
  • Reply 6 of 10
    "The Mouse", from Macmice.com. It's simple and elegant, and very tactiley satisfying to use.

Also, the "Podium Coolpad" from Roadtools.com, to keep my Powerbook's bottom surface ventilated(I never, ever, use my Powerbook placed on a flat surface; I've never experienced the warping of the Powerbook's aluminum case that others have, either). It also keeps my Powerbook tilted slightly towards me for better ergonomics.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    kensington lock and Apple BT mouse.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Definitely my MacAlly BTMouseJr. Two buttons, scroll wheel, & a wheel button (good for Exposé). Decent tracking (but not perfect; the MacMice "The Mouse BT" might be better), barely any lag, reliable recognition, easy re-recognition (hold down a button for 3 seconds), and an auto-off feature to save the batteries. Plus, it's silver colored, and matches nicely with the AlBook. Since it's BT and not RF, I don't have a stupid USB receiver to plug in (or lose!). Just chuck it in the bag & go. I've never been a big scratchpad fan; my thumb wan't built for clicking.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Just got a bluetooth wireless 3 button mouse (BT-500 Mouse from RadTech). I don't know how I ever got along without it.

crazy n
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Griffin Technology has picked up a lot of my money - the iCurve, PowerMate, iMic, etc. A good site if there is still room on your credit card.

I also have a laCie external drive and for business trips an iPod, AirPort Express, a Palm T3 and a spare battery.

The real place that I play, however, is in checking out shareware. Apple has a good list on their site and OS X Apps (http://osx.hyperjeff.net/Apps/cats.php) has a list of everything from free to commercial. Lots of stuff to play with!