Video card dimensions

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
If anyone has access to any of the following video cards and could measure dimensions for me, I'd be very grateful. I'm checking for fit in a G4 Cube. Length and height (from the bottom of the AGP connector to the top of the card; the bracket doesn't matter) would be very helpful.

Radeon 8500

Radeon 9000

GeForce4 MX

GeForce3

These are all the Apple OEM cards, BTW. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I know that the GeForce 3 fits in the Cube, maybe without any hacking. But you'll pay a small fortune for it, because lots of Cube owners know that and they're willing to pay top dollar for one

Your other alternatives are a Radeon (special Cube one), Rage 128 (bleh), and GeForce 2MX (about the same as the Radeon but fanless).

I don't know about the rest. I don't think they'll fit but maybe with some cutting, etc...
  • Reply 2 of 9
    go to

<a href="http://www.cubeowner.com/faqs/videoupgrades.html"; target="_blank">cubeowner.com video upgrade FAQs</a>

zip
  • Reply 3 of 9
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    Does anyone know which Macs the Radeon 7500 was standard on? Or was it just BTO?

[ 10-18-2002: Message edited by: JCG ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 9
    a10t2a10t2 Posts: 191member
    Right, I included the Radeon 8500 and GeForce3 as baselines because they're the biggest cards that will fit (with and without modification, respectively).

ziploc, thanks for the tip, but I know which cards are *supposed* to fit... now I'm interested in which cards *will* fit. I just ordered a Radeon 9000 (looks to be the same size as the 8500), so I guess one way or the other I'll know soon.

JCGantner, IIRC it was only available as a BTO option on the first Quicksilver G4s.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    [quote]Originally posted by a10t2:

<strong>Right, I included the Radeon 8500 and GeForce3 as baselines because they're the biggest cards that will fit (with and without modification, respectively).

ziploc, thanks for the tip, but I know which cards are *supposed* to fit... now I'm interested in which cards *will* fit. I just ordered a Radeon 9000 (looks to be the same size as the 8500), so I guess one way or the other I'll know soon.

JCGantner, IIRC it was only available as a BTO option on the first Quicksilver G4s.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Too bad, they are probably hard to get ahold of then.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by JCG:

<strong>

Too bad, they are probably hard to get ahold of then.</strong><hr></blockquote>

If you're in the market, I know someone who is looking to sell his. I believe he's expecting to get $200+ though (and no doubt will). His email is kunga#futuremedia.org (with an @ obviously).
  • Reply 7 of 9
    rodukroduk Posts: 706member
    [quote]Originally posted by JCG:

<strong>Does anyone know which Macs the Radeon 7500 was standard on? Or was it just BTO?

[ 10-18-2002: Message edited by: JCG ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

It was standard on the 800MHz (single processor) Quicksilver PowerMac, the low end model released January this year.

[ 10-20-2002: Message edited by: RodUK ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 9
    g-newsg-news Posts: 1,107member
    The Radeon 9000 is 17.3cm long and 9.25cm tall measured without the connector)

G-News
  • Reply 9 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by G-News:

<strong>The Radeon 9000 is 17.3cm long and 9.25cm tall measured without the connector)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks G-News! I just got mine and it looks like it will barely fit once I Dremel out the bottom plate to fit the connectors.