TiBook Rev A and new ATI Drivers

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Nowhere does it mention that the new ATI drivers aren't limited to retail cards. In fact, they seem to enhance performance for all built-in ATI cards from the Rage 128 onward. That includes my pokey TiBook 400.

I didn't really expect to see a change, but the effect was amazing! The UI elements are sooo much smoother now, especially noticeable in the dock, window scrolling and menus.

I doubt it's just placebo effect with the way it feels.

And I could be wrong, but so far I don't see any of the dock/window redraw problems I have been accustomed to.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Hmmm. That is interesting.

I installed for my Ti800, but I'm not seeing any real difference.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Yo, can you post a link? I looked but came up short.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    I was hoping to get a little more performance on my rev D imac with its rage pro C, but i didn't notice any changes after updating...

only 9-10 months until i get my new machine...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Seems like the biggest performance gains are being reported by people with ATi cards with 16 MB VRAM or more. I ran the update on my Ti667 (Gigabit Ethernet, 16 MB graphics card) with Jaguar installed and the gains were tremendous! Scrolling in IE and Word, as well as apps scaling into the dock are showing huge improvements. The overall "snappiness" of my Ti has gone way up. (sorry about using the term "snappy")
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Do these drivers work for iBook 700Mhz 16MB ATI Radeon Mobility cards?