Any Apple Store employees out there?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm looking for a part-time position and there are three stores in my area, making the Apple store an attractive option.

I'd like to hear some experiences from those that work/worked for the store.

Should I send my application I'm pretty sure I have a good shot at the job, but we'll have to see! I do sales all day anyway, and I love Macs!

Paul

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    I wanted to get a job transfer to an Apple retail store close to where I wanted to be again .. so had an interview with them a bit over a month ago.

I'm sure I would (have) enjoy(ed) the retail store (as well). However - things do change, and in long term I think I will be more happy with more technical and specialized stuff .. but the reason I'm not (wanting) to get transferred now is valid (technical, whatever. Not to be stated here).

However. For a geek the retail stores can be enjoyable too.

Send me a PM here if you need to ask more.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by creativearc

I'm looking for a part-time position and there are three stores in my area, making the Apple store an attractive option.

I'd like to hear some experiences from those that work/worked for the store.

Should I send my application I'm pretty sure I have a good shot at the job, but we'll have to see! I do sales all day anyway, and I love Macs!

Paul

They aren't allowed to post on mac forums.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

They aren't allowed to post on mac forums.

False. Just not allowed to talk about your work, and that's in any Apple stuff. So the work includes whatever your work at Apple includes.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I suppose I should clarify. What I was trying to determine is if I should focus on anything in specific to prepare. Like many in these forums, I love Macs, plus I have a knack for sales, so I think I'd be a natural for the job.

Obviously, I don't think there's a secret formula to get a job at an Apple store, but I figured there my be some advice like 'if you've never worked retail, don't bother,' etc.

Paul
  • Reply 5 of 6
    rara Posts: 623member
    They don't care if/what you know anything about Macs. They want people with retail experience.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ra

They don't care if/what you know anything about Macs. They want people with retail experience.

Ah! I knew it! Well, I'll give it a shot. I can tell you I've never felt like I couldn't fill the role based on my trips to the Apple store.

And I've had many a booth at a trade show and have had no problems reeling people in. That's a much tougher audience because often times the visitors do _not_ want to talk to you, and its up to you to reel them in.

We'll see what happens!