Render problem in FCP 4

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm having some trouble rendering in final cut. It won't let me render a clip unless i save it multiple times. In example, I changed the scale of a text clip and when i go to render it the reder window pops up and closes. it will keep doing this until i save my project and sometimge that won't work. I keep saving it and trying to render over and over again until it finally renders.

My job depends on final cut pro and i hope someone knows whats going on.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    there are several different levels of rendering in FCP. you probably have a clip selected and are only rendering that clip. look at the render options in the top toolbar and experiment. i'm pretty sure that option+R will render everything, so try using that.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    It doesn't matter what i do ar if i have anything selected or not. Amd i have checked all my settings. I've been usung Final Cut Pro for 4 years, i think i would know if it was something i'm doing. And btw, it just started doing this about a week ago and i hadn't changed any setting before that.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

It doesn't matter what i do ar if i have anything selected or not. Amd i have checked all my settings. I've been usung Final Cut Pro for 4 years, i think i would know if it was something i'm doing. And btw, it just started doing this about a week ago and i hadn't changed any setting before that.

thats weird. i'll let you know if i run into that problem. (or let me know if you figure anything out)
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Tell me about it.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Try trashing your FCP preferences, in ~/Library/Preferences/Final Cut Pro User Data. I had a real problem with capturing and dropping frames and once I trash the preferences (make a backup just in case) everything worked fine. Those things tend to get corrupted.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I just tried that and it still does it. I'm probably going to try to reinstall it. If anyone has any other suggestions before i do that would be great.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I have found the problem. Norton anti-virus is the problem. I disabled it and everything is running fine now. I hope apple will address this in future version.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

I have found the problem. Norton anti-virus is the problem. I disabled it and everything is running fine now. I hope apple will address this in future version.

norton again. man they suck at writing apps for macs.