Google Stock - HOLY CRAAAP!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/qui...&freq=1&time=6

A few months ago, it started at $100. It then when up to $150 steadily and now today, after it's earnings reports it is up to $170.

Has anyone researched this stock? Whats it's P/E ratio?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    P:E ratio--who knows?

This seems to me to be a 90's bubble redux with a bit of short squeezing. I personally would stay away and watch the fireworks.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Well in the meantime, I guess it's okay to jump on that bandwagon and a make a few Benjamins.

I still think it's unwise to invest in something like Google. Look at Yahoo now...
  • Reply 3 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    P/E: 207.00

If you bought YHOO prior to 99 you're still up today, so I wouldn't look at it as an example of a poor stock. The only people that truly lost anything amidst the tech bubble were the first timers who invested between 1999 and 2001.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    A 207 P/E??? Holy crap, that sucks!!!

Anything over 40 or 50 or around there is shaky, but 207??? Good God!
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by His Dudeness

A 207 P/E??? Holy crap, that sucks!!!

Anything over 40 or 50 or around there is shaky, but 207??? Good God!

We'll see how shaky things get when Longhorn gets closer to a release date. That Yahoo! comment is a good one ... "popularity" doesn't necessarily last forever ... or even a few years for that matter.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Well, the point I was trying to make is to not invest in stocks that don't produce or make something that you can't hold in your hand.

You can't hold a Google search in your hand or a Yahoo start page in your hand. You can, however, hold a Mac in your hands.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Nobody has mentioned Apple's stock. Doing quite well it is recently. Even though I've already made a handsome profit (I purchased my shares at 14, pre-split), I still like seeing this kind of activity, even if it doesn't last.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    I think it'll keep going, as for AAPL. It's a great company that makes the best consumer PC's. They have the momentum with the iPod and the new G5 iMac is getting rave reviews.

I think it will hit $60 in another 6 months or so.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Well, it just went past $50...
  • Reply 10 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member

YHOO is not an example of a poor stock. The only examples derived from Yahoo! stock are poor investors.

What about EBAY? What eBay product can you hold in your hand? Is that a bad investment too?
  • Reply 11 of 11
    I think eBay is a good stock. I love the website, but it might be getting too expensive, I dunno.