Question About FireFox

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
If you open up a blank window of FireFox, and hit F10, why is there a little window up in the left hand corner?

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 10
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,219member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by DanMacMan

    If you open up a blank window of FireFox, and hit F10, why is there a little window up in the left hand corner?



    That is a well-known issue in FireFox. Presumeably, it will be fixed one day.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    I don't understand what it could possibly be.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    ic1maleic1male Posts: 121member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by macrules101

    I don't understand what it could possibly be.



    And doesn't it just spoil Expose?



    (Sorry - I'm a 2-day old Panther user - I don't know how to get the accented 'e')
  • Reply 4 of 10
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    It also gets selected if you command - tilde (~) through Firefox's windows. Mildly irritating.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I think it uses that window to perform certain background functions, like pop-up blocking. I'm not 100% certain, but that's my guess.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Thunderbird does it too
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ic1male

    And doesn't it just spoil Expose?



    (Sorry - I'm a 2-day old Panther user - I don't know how to get the accented 'e')




    opt-e and then "e".



    é



    i must say though, you're very advanced for a 2-day old. most babies can't even hold up the weight of their own heads for quite some time.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    According to this:

    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=223545



    It should be fixed.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    This bug is fixed in the new 1.0 RC1 (released Thursday)
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:

    Originally posted by yikes600

    This bug is fixed in the new 1.0 RC1 (released Thursday)



    Yeah, thanks for the info. Firefox rocks!
Sign In or Register to comment.