CD/DVD Label software?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
What is the best software to use to create cd and dvd labels? I'm burning them with iDVD on my new imac G5.

What label work the best?

thanks

buzz

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by drbuzz

What is the best software to use to create cd and dvd labels? I'm burning them with iDVD on my new imac G5.

What label work the best?

thanks

buzz

i just bought an epson R200 and printable dvd-r discs from taperesources.com. i had excellent results and didn't have to worry about labels peeling up and destroying my clients' dvd players. the printable discs arent that expensive either, especially when you take into account the price of each label you have to buy for a disc.

edit: the R200 comes with pretty decent software for designing the labels.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I sampled a few recently. The one that worked best for me is disclabel from http://www.smileonmymac.com/
  • Reply 3 of 7
    rara Posts: 623member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drumsticks

I sampled a few recently. The one that worked best for me is disclabel from http://www.smileonmymac.com/

Haha! I saw this thread and immediately thought of that product. I saw those guys at MacWorld last year but forgot the product name.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    rbrrbr Posts: 631member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

i just bought an epson R200 and printable dvd-r discs from taperesources.com. i had excellent results and didn't have to worry about labels peeling up and destroying my clients' dvd players. the printable discs arent that expensive either, especially when you take into account the price of each label you have to buy for a disc.

edit: the R200 comes with pretty decent software for designing the labels.

How well does their software deal with making a simple copy of the CD's "labeling" that you are copying when making a copy of something so that you can put the original away for safekeeping?

Example: Music CDs that go into a car CD player mounted in the trunk which is subject ot high heat which can damage the CD itself. When you are using a copy you just throw away the damaged one and burn another.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by RBR

How well does their software deal with making a simple copy of the CD's "labeling" that you are copying when making a copy of something so that you can put the original away for safekeeping?

Example: Music CDs that go into a car CD player mounted in the trunk which is subject ot high heat which can damage the CD itself. When you are using a copy you just throw away the damaged one and burn another.

i'm sure if i totally understand your question... when you design a label in the program, you just save the file like any other one, and you can reproduce the exact label as many times as you want. if youre talking about scanning in a cd's labelling or something, it doesnt do that.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    rbrrbr Posts: 631member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

if youre talking about scanning in a cd's labelling or something, it doesnt do that.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was wanting to know about. It would be nice to just scan an image of the original CD and print it on the dupe. Songlists would be there and you can identify what it is at a glance. I guess I will just keep writing something on the CD with a pen. What with the heat in the car trunk it has been suggested that a (stick on) label might come loose, jam the CD player or slip off center and cause balance problems.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by RBR

Thanks, that is exactly what I was wanting to know about. It would be nice to just scan an image of the original CD and print it on the dupe. Songlists would be there and you can identify what it is at a glance. I guess I will just keep writing something on the CD with a pen. What with the heat in the car trunk it has been suggested that a (stick on) label might come loose, jam the CD player or slip off center and cause balance problems.

well if you buy printable cd's, then you can jsut make your song lists with the labelling software instead of using a pen. that way when a new disc is burnt, you can jsut print out the lsit again.