Bluetooth cell phones and Mac

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
My two year contract with Verizon Wireless is up soon, and they are giving me $100 towards a new phone. I've heard that you can configure a Bluetooth phone to control iTunes, Alchemy TV, and other stuff. My question is, what phones work best (Motorola vs. Sony Ericsson), and is there a difference between service providers for using the phone this way. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    are there any verizon bluetooth phones available?

I called recently (have the same deal as you) about the Treo 650, but they did not say it was available...

any other phones?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    The program to control itunes, etc. from a bluetooth palm or cellphone is called Salling Clicker. http://homepage.mac.com/jonassalling...are/index.html

Here is a list of supported phones:

Quote:

Sony Ericsson: T630, T637, T628, Z600, Z608, T610, T616, T618, T68, R520, T39, P800, P802, P900, P908, and P910 (NEW)

(preliminary support for the K700 and Z1010 models)

Motorola: A925 (or A920 with firmware update)

Sendo X

Siemens SX1

Nokia: 7650, 3650, 3660, 6600, 6620, 7610, N-Gage, N-Gage QD

Palm OS: palmOne Tungsten T, T2, T3, Zire 72, Sony Clié UX50, TapWave Zodiac; (in general, OS 4 or 5 with PalmSource Bluetooth)

• Reply 3 of 4
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

are there any verizon bluetooth phones available?

I called recently (have the same deal as you) about the Treo 650, but they did not say it was available...

any other phones?

This Motorola phone is bluetooth and works with Verizon, it is the first I have seen...I went to the Verizon store, and the sales guy said that the bluetooth had been disabled by verizon, so I didn't buy it, I guess I could have taken my PB in and seen if it saw it before walking out, but a sales guy should never say they got rid of a feature of the phone...I don't see why or how they would have done it anyway, but that is the info I got...

Not sure about its ability to sync with the Mac, or anything else really...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    well... I ended up getting that moto phone... and the bluetooth is worthless for anything other then headsets...

edgelock, what did you end up doing?