iPod Won't Mount

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My iPod does not mount to my computer and it does not show up as being connected, neither does it show up in iTunes. It still charges up though. I've started up from DiskWarrior and it also does not appear. I have also tried to reset it and that does not work. I can still play music on it, just cannot mount to my computer.

Any advice?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jared

My iPod does not mount to my computer and it does not show up as being connected, neither does it show up in iTunes. It still charges up though. I've started up from DiskWarrior and it also does not appear. I have also tried to reset it and that does not work. I can still play music on it, just cannot mount to my computer.

Any advice?

unplug all other firewire devices.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

unplug all other firewire devices.

My PowerBook only has one FireWire port. I never daisy-chain. Anymore advice?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jared

My PowerBook only has one FireWire port. I never daisy-chain. Anymore advice?

nope, sorry. most people that have problems have an isight plugged in at the same time... i'll keep thinking...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I had this problem on my wife's ipod. I was trying to get it conneced to my mac so I reset it so it would think it was "new?" and tried on my mac, same symptoms you experienced. I did work back on her PC though. I haven't solved the problem, Apple said to send it in, they would fix it. Good luck to you.

crazy n