Piles version 2??

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I was thinking of toying with building a flash demo of piles , ( the old rumored apple feature ) I saw the first flash thing someone did but now that tiger has grouping built in I thought that would be alsomost perfect to get the piles ( call it whatever you want) demo to work again and maybe even entice a developer to try and build it .

Anyone have some insight on whaat it should look like ???

Or how it should behave ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    xflarexflare Posts: 199member
    .....mmmm maybe "stacks" would be better than "piles"
  • Reply 2 of 3
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tripdragon

I was thinking of toying with building a flash demo of piles , ( the old rumored apple feature ) I saw the first flash thing someone did but now that tiger has grouping built in I thought that would be alsomost perfect to get the piles ( call it whatever you want) demo to work again and maybe even entice a developer to try and build it .

Anyone have some insight on whaat it should look like ???

Or how it should behave ?

Here's a concept I came up with awhile ago for dock piles:

The idea would be that you could drag an application over another application in the dock, and it would pile onto it.

When you mouse over it, they would extend out into a mini-dock which functions the same as the normal dock.

- Xidius
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by >_>

Here's a concept I came up with awhile ago for dock piles:

The idea would be that you could drag an application over another application in the dock, and it would pile onto it.

When you mouse over it, they would extend out into a mini-dock which functions the same as the normal dock.

- Xidius

cool I remember seeing that from your spymac post. Now what would happen if the file is say on your desktop ???