Photo organization software

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey there peeps!

I opened up a photo and design studio, and with the file sizes(Camera=Nikon D70) that I am using it is just killing iPhoto, even though I back up each shoot onto discs, and I only have about 300 photos in iPhoto. I am curious if there is a pro alternative to iPhoto so that I can keep my organization but be able to work at a pace that allows me to take a break once in a while, waiting on iPhoto is beginning to wear on me.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    Canto's Cumulus or Extensis' Portfolio.

Here's a PDF with 25 different DAM (Digital Asset Management) software packages. Priced from affordable to no freekin' way!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by fahlman

Canto's Cumulus or Extensis' Portfolio.

Here's a PDF with 25 different DAM (Digital Asset Management) software packages. Priced from affordable to no freekin' way!

There is also JAlbum
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Personally I really like iView Media. It a media managment tool rather than just images, but I rate it very highly. There is a Pro version too if you need to have more images in one catalog.

http://www.iview-multimedia.com/
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I vote for Portfolio. Just ditched iPhoto for it. It's fast, versatile and has plenty of features (pro) photographers will like. Thing I like best about it, anything I edit in the finder is automatically updated in Portfolio and visa versa. Give the demo a try I'd say!!