iBook DVD..

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
ok so the low end iBook of today costs $999 and it is amazing buy except for the fact that it does not come with dvd standard, what I think is a travesty...putting DVD in costs apple nothing and it really screws people who want the iBook but want to watch movies on the go..

is there any way to connect a dvd drive to the iBook or to get one installed internally because i want an iBook but this really pisses me off

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    get a used combo drive one
  • Reply 2 of 5
    IMHO, the $999 ibook is out of the question. For only $1299 you get an extra 100 MHZ, bigger HD, 32 meg video (needed for Jaguar to really perform), more RAM, and a combo drive with DVD/CD-RW. This seems to be the machine to get. Allow, I do agree with you that they should have included DVD in the low-end unit.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    I agree.

I suspect many feel the same way. But spending another $300 is out of the question for someone in the $999 budget range.

Apple should at least offer a BTO w/DVD for an additional $49 or so.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    **** I wish no one had said that 32 megs was needed to run Jaguar properly because I knew it was true but if no one said it I would have been able to convince myself that when I got it that it was fast enough and it was a moron for thinking that it wasn't, but now if I buy it i'll think, this is slow i should have got the combo drive..

thanks a lot you assholes!

...not really though jk..

they should definitely offer bto dvd though... shame.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    the 16MB won't make THAT much of a difference...

i mean you can only run the display at 1024X768 anyway... the old iBooks were useable at only 16MB and they had a QE unsupported (at least not fully) gfx chipset...

maybe thats what you should be looking for... last week's rev iBook at a cheaper price... shouldn't be much more then $1000 plus you get a burner....