Apple Acessories

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I think Apple should get into the whole acessories thing, lie hubs and stuff. Make it more integrated and make it look pretty.

\

Also, does anybody think Apple is gonna build a numeric keypad into the 17-inch Powerbook?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    as someone who uses third party solutions, I'd agree. Everything Apple touches is truly a better, more elegant solution. However, it's hard to keep margins up on $20 hubs, and except for style and/or neat features (like the apple power cord's cable management or thin cables) Apple wouldn't bring much to the game.

As for the number pad - I doubt that as well. I'm sure they figure that if you want a number pad only there are a lot of options, or they would rather sell you the bluetooth keyboard.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Steve hinted about the cashflow in third party accessories at the recent special music event when he introduced the socks. He said all these companies are making big money developing for Mac users. Then he said "we want in on that action" hence Pod Socks. If Apple started developing 3rd party products they'd turn Sony. It would all look and work great, but people would still buy the equally functional yet cheap and ugly stuff from Best Buy.