Apple-Nickelodeon promotions-a parternreship?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.apple.com/trailers/ has a Spongebob movie trailer.

That's very unsual to me why Apple would highlight a Nicktoon which has its own movie out this month in the USA-and not a Pixar movie. I wonder if this means that Nickelodeon DVD's such as Invader Zim-a cult Nicktoon that's out on DVD could be bundeled with iMacs or a promotion in association with Viacom-the owners of Nickelodeon?

Here's my idea about this:

Invader Zim DVD's (very good sellers on Amazon.com, and a cult Nickelodeon show)-bundle with iMacs in the US and Canada. This gets me thinking-seeing as Nickelodeon is a well-known television channel brand and synmonous with kid's TV, a partnership would be great (a Nickelodeon iPod-orange and on back images of popular Nicktoons characters, exclusive Nick trailers,etc on iTMS)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    I really wouldn't read that much into it. Apple is not going to release a kid's ipod or anything close. Sorry.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Invader Zim

a Nickelodeon iPod-orange and on back images of popular Nicktoons characters, exclusive Nick trailers,etc on iTMS)

If there was a Nickelodeon section of itunes that was hilighted on the front page, I would switch back to p2p.

Nickelodeon (aka MTV junior) is a preverbial waistland of rot which is constantly poluting young children, I am not some old fogie, just a 19 year old who actualy watched a little bit of nick growing up, it is and for the ost part has been a brain drain, watching nicktoons like rugrats, thornberrys, that surfing cartoon, and spounge bob or going back, shows like Clarisa explains it all, wild and crazy kids, Nickspews...er uh...NickNEWS and various other crap that I cannot recall has, even as a kid, left me feeling like I was a little dumber for haveing watched their crap.

Please apple, to not team up with mtv/nick.

NICK AND MTV SUCK HARD

*there is one sort of good show that Nick used to show, DOUG, dumb pointless but sort of funny.

*MTV has one good show...PIMP MY RIDE
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Well Apple could bundle their DVD's with iMac's or eMacs as these are consumer Macs and it's 5 years I've seen a iMac with a bundeled DVD movies. Invader Zim DVD's are selling well online and appeal to many age segment-perhaps with imac g5 rev b.?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

If there was a Nickelodeon section of itunes that was hilighted on the front page, I would switch back to p2p.

Nickelodeon (aka MTV junior) is a preverbial waistland of rot which is constantly poluting young children, I am not some old fogie, just a 19 year old who actualy watched a little bit of nick growing up, it is and for the ost part has been a brain drain, watching nicktoons like rugrats, thornberrys, that surfing cartoon, and spounge bob or going back, shows like Clarisa explains it all, wild and crazy kids, Nickspews...er uh...NickNEWS and various other crap that I cannot recall has, even as a kid, left me feeling like I was a little dumber for haveing watched their crap.

Please apple, to not team up with mtv/nick.

NICK AND MTV SUCK HARD

*there is one sort of good show that Nick used to show, DOUG, dumb pointless but sort of funny.

*MTV has one good show...PIMP MY RIDE

As a parent and an old fogie, I think you're absolutely full of shit. Nick is not a WASTELAND (waistland ) it's the dominant force in children's television programming.

And Nick is proving to undo one of MTV's (and sesame street before it) biggest failures, children who watch it have longer attention spans.

Sesame Street has even changed the way they produce their show because of Nick.

Any promotional tie in Apple could conceive with Nick would reap dividends......get to 'em while they are young.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Also Apple has signed some sort of deal with a music division of Disney.

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2004/apr/21disney.html

Perhaps a agreement with Nickelodeon Records (Jive is associated with this-iTMS content?) could be a good start.

http://www.nick.com/buzz/music/nick_records/index.jhtml

I agree with what Apple says about a video iPod ( devices like VideoNow-you can't create your own content for it or the upcoming PSP hasn't got heaps content like you would with iTMS.).