Apple's Widget design contest for Tiger

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
MacMinute:

"The Apple Developer Connection (ADC) has launched the Dashboard Widget Contest. "This is a terrific opportunity to begin developing Widgets for Tiger and to receive recognition for your work. Entries will be judged on technical excellence, innovation, and ease of use. The developer of the winning Widget will receive public recognition along with an Apple 40GB iPod. The contest is open exclusively to Apple Developer Connection members whose memberships include access to pre-release versions of Mac_OS_X v10.4 Tiger. Submissions must be made between November 5 and November 30, 2004."

LINK

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    http://developer.apple.com/macosx/ti...html?headlines

A second Dashboard widget contest from Apple was just announced. What happened with the original one? Did they not get enough entries, did they not get any good submissions, or are they keeping the results CKR1T?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

http://developer.apple.com/macosx/ti...html?headlines

A second Dashboard widget contest from Apple was just announced. What happened with the original one? Did they not get enough entries, did they not get any good submissions, or are they keeping the results CKR1T?

not sure what that last bit means, but ya, i think theyre keeping the winners private until the tiger release.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    CKR1T = secret. I'm just being silly.

Well, this article on Dashboard was just posted on Stepwise, so maybe Apple just made this page to help out and give developers another chance? Is this page new?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I was planning on entering the DashBoard contest but didn't receive my latest Tiger DVD until the last days of the contest. Luckily, now I can enter this new contest!

Now, just need to go out and get that extra HD.