iBook Display Broken?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Ok so my iBook G3 800Mhz has a serial number between the range for the Logic Board repair but I never got it done because it has never shown signs of anything wrong. Well today I turn it on today and it starts up to a Purple screen. When it does come up to my desktop the screen is wavy and there is puple and blue everywhere on the screen. All the brushed alum has purple through it along with the alum look. So I take a screen shot to post on here but the screen shot does not show any of this. So my question is what could be the problem? Does the logic board do this? I ran the Hardware Test CD but everything came back fine. I only use my iBook occasionally since I have a PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0Ghz Rev. B and an iMac G4 800Mhz but I would like to watch movies on my iBook. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    It could be, your display or the video cable that connect the motherboard with the LCD, if I were you I would take it using the return motherboard program.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks Alberto I did that and guess what it was the 'cable' for the display. Meaning that Apple fixed it without asking me and then proceeded to charge me $299.95 to fix it . This is absolutely insane. And to top it off they did not fix my logic board because that 'wasn't the problem.' So now if the logic board fails after this month I will have to pay for it because the recall expires this month. Some info on the repair, and maybe someone could tell me what it exactly was because I googled it and found nothing.

Part Number: APPP72B

Part Number Replaced: 590-5058, LVDS, 12.1