Applestore London

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi

Does anyone know what time it will be actually opening on the 20th?

I'm trying to bribe my wife to go on a 400 mile xmas shopping trip on sat, It would be such a coincidence if we were there just as the grand opening was happening.

:-)

*mods move this if it is in the wrong forum sorry

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    10 a.m.

If you're making a 400 mile trip you might as well trek over to the Business Design Centre in Upper Street Islington for the Mac Expo as well. I'll be doing both but thats because it'll be slightly easier for me.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    Alex

Thanks, I will see you there (I will be the one with the white apple plastic bag )
  • Reply 3 of 11
    I shall be the one wearing a big grin though burdened by a new G5. Possibly. See you there.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    I'll be at the opening too, I'll be coming out with one of those lucky bags under my arm. Not sure whether to go to the Mac Expo, I've never been, do people think its worth it?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    How many lucky bags will there be ?

If there are a limited number what time will we have to get in line (ohh that is so british :-))

j.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    The first 2500 get free t shirts and there will be 300 lucky bags. They'll be selling for £249 with a value of £700. i think some people will be getting there quite early, me not being one of them as I'm not quite that sad, yet. As for the Expo, it's worth it for me as i pre-registered a while back for free. It's not a show with keynotes and stuff but Apple is there in a big way and there are also lot of resellers and third party booths, usually offering show only prices and informal tech help. There are also some seminars. All in all, worth it I feel, even if just for the community buzz.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    I'll be popping along at some point in the morning. There's a couple of things that I would like to pick up whilst I'm there, and if I'm lucky I'll get a T-shirt - hopefully there won't be that many people ahead of me .

Maybe we need some form of easy 'Apple Insider' recognition sign . White carnation in the buttonhole anyone?

Dave.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Ok, I'll be around with an Apple t-shirt and badge (sigh), a Powerbook, camera, iPod or two, iSight and mobile phone(s) etc..
  • Reply 9 of 11
    So what time are people going to turn up? I'm thinking of catching a train around 7 pm ish, with it taking 2 hours from the south coast. Is this too early?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    you are going to go there around 9 pm friday? they open 10 am saturday.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    I'll be wandering in sometime after it opens. I'm not worried about being one of the first in the queue, but it would be nice to get one of the T-shirts. If you're planning on going on Friday, you might want to have a look over at the forums at macrumors.com, there were some people talking about getting there really early!

Dave.