Entourage Hotmail No Longer Free?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just tried to check my hotmail account in MS Entourage 2004, and it told me that this could not be done without buying the $19.95 hotmail Premium subscription. It was working earlier today... what happened???

Is this the end of Hotmail for me? I'm not paying...

Anyone get it to work? Does it still work in Mail?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Same problem here. We're screwed.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    the only reason I use hotmail is because of MSN Messenger, all my friends has it... you should try to get a gmail account
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Gmail has recently added POP3. For Free. If you (thread opener) want an invitation to Gmail, PM me.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    As of today, I can no longer manage my junk-email folder in Safari 1.0. I've never been able to manage attachments in Safari, but Junk Mail is more of a daily thing. This sucks, because I'm dependent on this particular account (can't switch accts or forward to a different one). So I'll have to have Explorer open just for my email.

--B
  • Reply 5 of 10
    I have the same problem as bergz with safari in Mac Os X and with Opera in windows, these are the things that make microsoft what it is!!! it's good to know that firefox works great with the hotmail page! die microsoft!
  • Reply 6 of 10
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alberto

I have the same problem as bergz with safari in Mac Os X and with Opera in windows, these are the things that make microsoft what it is!!! it's good to know that firefox works great with the hotmail page! die microsoft!

Oye, guay de Paraguay, que yo no puedo utilizarlo por razones de mi disco duro y tal, pero que igual te vendrÃ*a bien esto. Te permite emplear Apple Mail con tu cuenta de HoTMaiL.

--J
  • Reply 7 of 10
    hola bergz, ya tengo el plugin, gracias, solo que para manejar la cuenta por web mail es mucho mas sencillo con el navedador....

ahora usa mail.app para mi cuenta IMAP de mi ISP, y para el POP de mi Gmail!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    okay, maybe i underestimate the stupidity of the at-large popular consumer, but i think microsoft will be given much less slack when they try this "formerly free service must now be paid for" treatment. yes, apple has done it too (iTools => .Mac), but every other sheet of twenties printed by the government have redmond's address pre-stamped on them, so they certainly don't need the money, and everyone knows that. with other competing services, well, i don't think this is a wise move, p.r.-wise, on microsoft's part.

edit: okay, microsoft did make the point that desktop applications such as outlook and entourage can make mince-meat out of hotmail by generating false random hotmail accounts and spamming worldwide. of course, this seems to be treating the symptom rather than the disease, but whatever... the only reason i keep a hotmail account is to access msn messenger once in a while, and if they ever make THAT a pay-for service, i'll just use something else.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    And now it works again... MAKE UP YOUR MIND, MS!!!