wireless prolemo

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok guys. So i asked a loong time ago but ya...here i am again. lol

I've got an iBook G4 (soooweet!) and wanna get it hooked up wirelessly to my internet connetion. I have just agood ol gateway PC with a broadband cable comin into it, and that's connected to a belkin router. Now i've got an HP laptop that picks up the signal just fine, but as for the ibook...grr

The signal from the router is indicated as being present on the iBook, but it can't ever log online. Our connection is thru AOL (i kno..i kno...that can create problems...)but heres the thing...i was able to tap into a friends wireless signal, who also had a PC and AOL for broadband...and was able to get in just fine. Safari was able to start up befor i logged on w/ aol and it worked perfect.

SO! wat do i need to do? Can i get this crappy belkin to work? Would a diff router be better? watever u guys got will help

now, wat about an airport extreme base station? that will work on the PC right? wood i hav to get another airport extreme card for the HP laptop tho...and will it really be that beneficial??

ok thanks for puttin up w/ my probably obvious questions.

-MM

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    anyone? lol
  • Reply 2 of 2
    regreg Posts: 832member
    Could be several things.

1. Can you see the Belkins unit? What strength?

2. do you have security turned on the belkins unit, if so you might has to put a "$" in front of the password.

3. Do you have the belkins unit selected in "internet connect"?

reg