Powerbook G4 17" Will not turn on.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey guys. I recently bought a rev. 1 17" Powerbook from someone. I opened it up tonight to investigate a rattle I was hearing next to the kensington lock place. Turns out a piece of plastic was mangled loose. I carefully removed it, and carefully reassembled everything. Plugged the power cord in and... nothing. Checked the keyboard connector and it seems fine. Tried resetting the PMU and all that Apple suggests on its site. (Ctrl, Option, Shift, Power) etc. I was very careful during the whole process and cannot see how I could have damaged something. The charger light comes on when it is plugged in, just nothing happens when I press the power button. I would be inclined to believe that something simply needs to be reset. Is there some sort of hidden cuda switch like old mac models had? Any suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Phew. Somehow the plastic piece that holds the keyboard connector in had popped off, so I was putting it on AFTER the cable was in place. I put it on and then the cable, and it is now working great. Phew. Talk about being freaked out... But now I am VERY VERY