G3 RAM question...yes i am an idiot

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
alrighty, ive never had to worry about upgrading my msc before but now i find myself in that very situation. i went on to the apple site to order myself some new G3 RAM and i cant find any there. i checked the specs of the mac and it takes PC100 DIMMs apparently. this is the rub. ive no idea where to buy it. im in edinburgh and there are lots of pc shops here and they dont really like me coming in asking questions they cant answer. so this is it, where can i get G3 RAM, i need about a half a gig

cheers in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    that should have been "upgrading my mac" not "upgrading my msc" btw
  • Reply 2 of 4
    you don't need to make a new post to explain a typo of an old one; use the edit button.

for the ram, go to www.crucial.com or www.datamem.com

they should have some good prices.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by landrobot

alrighty, ive never had to worry about upgrading my msc before but now i find myself in that very situation. i went on to the apple site to order myself some new G3 RAM and i cant find any there. i checked the specs of the mac and it takes PC100 DIMMs apparently. this is the rub. ive no idea where to buy it. im in edinburgh and there are lots of pc shops here and they dont really like me coming in asking questions they cant answer. so this is it, where can i get G3 RAM, i need about a half a gig

cheers in advance

ramseeker.com

I ordered some for G3 there. works fine
  • Reply 4 of 4
    thanks for the replies guys

and apologies for posting twice!