Nobody to iChat with.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I now have a .Mac account, and with that an ichat account... but none of my friends have one... so therefore I have no one to use iChat with, so I have no idea what it is like.

Does anyone want to chat with me?

iDunno

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    You can find people to chat with in http://www.ichatters.com/

Also, you can chat with any AIM or ICQ user as well, if you don't already know that...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drumsticks

You can find people to chat with in http://www.ichatters.com/

Also, you can chat with any AIM or ICQ user as well, if you don't already know that...

I didn't know ICQ. Cool, thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDunno

I didn't know ICQ. Cool, thanks.

This is true ever since AOL bought ICQ. AIM users using the official client can communicate with ICQ users and vice versa as well. Since iChat hooks up with AOL, it automatically gets BOTH AIM and ICQ support.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I got an iChat account lately, but same, no buddies. Can I use AIM and iChat at the same time? Adium X does this, but I want to do it in iChat too.

Is there any way? I tried it, but I either have to login with AIM or iChat. Maybe there's something wrong with my way of doing it...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

I got an iChat account lately, but same, no buddies. Can I use AIM and iChat at the same time? Adium X does this, but I want to do it in iChat too.

Is there any way? I tried it, but I either have to login with AIM or iChat. Maybe there's something wrong with my way of doing it...

By an iChat account, I presume you're talking about a .Mac account. As far as I know, iChat only allows one login at the same time, hence only .Mac or AIM or ICQ at one time. Yes, you can login to ICQ from iChat as well. You can have Rendezvous independent of the above though.

You might be able to do tricks like Fast User Switching or something, I guess. Personally, I prefer Adium X as I have no need for anything other than plain text messages...

EDIT: More information added.