Alexander the Great: Anyone else seen this movie yet?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It sucked!!!

What did you think?

I went with my wife and another couple and we all agreed. Dang, I really thought that movie was going to be great but it turned out to be one sucky movie.

Eric

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Yeah...uh...Alexander, not so great. Could have been so much more. The big battle of Gaugamela was awesome, but everything else was SO SLOW for the action packed life of the greatest conquerer the world ever knew.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    BORING except for some decent battle scenes. In the theater there was a LOT of snickering in the sappy man-love scenes. Lots of laughs when it wasn't trying to be funny.

I give it 5 Blahs.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    It was terrible. The longest, most boring movie I've ever seen. What a waste of time.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    No kidding on the sappy man love scenes. There was a row of teenage boys behind us and they gave 5 thumbs up when son and mom kisssed but laughed likfifth graders when alexander the boring decided to kiss every man that walked by.

I expected more action and less love.

Eric
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Why did they cast someone with blonde hair to be one of the most famous Greek men in history?
  • Reply 6 of 11
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Why did they cast someone with blonde hair to be one of the most famous Greek men in history?

If my memory is correct, Alexandre was a blond haired man with green or blue eyes. He was a macedonian, coming from a tribe of Thrace or Danube, hellenised in the fifh century before JC.

. Cleopatre (who was greek) was a red haired woman.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

If my memory is correct, Alexandre was a blond haired man. Cleopatre (who was greek) was a red haired woman.

Oh.

OK then.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    I watched it with a girl and fell asleep on the first hour.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Telling how long they traveled in "MILES" was a screw up that really got heads turning in the theater.

Eric
  • Reply 10 of 11
    the sh**ty battle scenes from the trailer made me not wanna see it, so i wont. honestly, they should have disney make it a 2D animated movie
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Oh.

OK then.

Damn what can you say the guy knows his stuff

I was planning to see this film but based off everyones comments this is definatly turning into a rental. Don't think I have ever read so many consistant reviews of a film in here.