Powerbook Displays

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
So I've now had a PB800 for about 3 months and today, while watching a DVD on it, I noticed and counted 17 pixels that are out on the display. What the heck is up with that?!?!?!? Is this common, is this something that Apple is working on? When I called they said that even with AppleCare they only cover pixels out if there are more than 3 in a cluster. That's crap!! Why did I let a guy talk me into spending $300 on an extended warranty that doesn't even cover 17 pixels that are now out!

you can't see them unless the background is black, but come on, am I being unreasonable here thinking that Apple would do something about this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    [quote]you can't see them unless the background is black<hr></blockquote>

those could just be stuck pixels then. take the cloth that came with your machine and gently massage them. they can go away with repeated treatments.

and i believe that 17 is enough to get it replaced, call up again and check. or read the fine print. it should be in there somewhere. i thought it was 7-10, somewhere in that range, but it might have changed.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I spoke with someone at the AppleCare telephone number that's in the packet you get when you purchase Apple Care. Is there someone else I should call?

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by cloth. I did not get a cloth with mine. I do have a very soft cloth that I use for a guitar to wipe it down (without any polish). Perhaps that will work. I guess the worse thing that could happen is that a bunch more go out in a cluster and then I guess my problem would be solved either way!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I think the cloth that has been mentioned is the one that comes with the iMac G4.

It does not come with the 800Mhz TiBook or any for that matter? Well that I am aware of. [If it does then I missed out]
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Okay, so would you think that any soft cloth would accomplish the same purpose?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Perhaps, but the only cloth I have EVER used on my iMac's LCD is the one that came with it. It's the ONLY one I trust not to scratch my screen. There is a polishing treatment out there called iKlear. Check out <a href="http://www.klearscreen.com."; target="_blank">www.klearscreen.com.</a> That's the only way I would go to make sure I can rub my screen witghout getting it scratched.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    17 is ridiculous. Take the machine in to an Apple Store and show them in the DVD. They will relent.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    You must use a microfiber cloth on the lcd, like what is used for cleaning eyeglasses, otherwise you will scratch the plastic (DONT use paper towels!)