What's the best iPod case?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It would be for the 20GB click-wheel iPod. I would like to get something to protect it, to an extent; just something basic. Is Apple's iPod Carrying Case good? Or are there better ones?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by dferigmu

It would be for the 20GB click-wheel iPod. I would like to get something to protect it, to an extent; just something basic. Is Apple's iPod Carrying Case good? Or are there better ones?

it really depends on what you mean by "to an extent." Are you going to be exercising with it? If so i have a neoprene case that came with an arm band and a belt clip (Marware Sportsuit Convertible) It has some good shock absorption and screen protection as well as 2 convienient ways to carry it. if you want minimalistic protection, against scratching, i would go with something like this.

I own the iSkin and the marware, and both are excellent.

The problem with apples solution is you cannot control the ipod from within the case, which can lead to excessive scratching and annoyance.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by zimmian

it really depends on what you mean by "to an extent." Are you going to be exercising with it? If so i have a neoprene case that came with an arm band and a belt clip (Marware Sportsuit Convertible) It has some good shock absorption and screen protection as well as 2 convienient ways to carry it. if you want minimalistic protection, against scratching, i would go with something like this.

The problem with apples solution is you cannot control the ipod from within the case, which can lead to excessive scratching and annoyance.

No, I won't be exercising with it. Is it true though that you can't control the iPod in Apple's case? Does it cover the screen and click-wheel up?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dferigmu

My pocket has been rated #1 in satisfaction...Send your iPod to me to protect your iPod.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    Maybe just go here and look for one you like

http://www.ipodlounge.com/gearguide.php

scroll down for cases
  • Reply 5 of 6
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zimmian

I like that one a lot. I just ordered one.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    iPod Socks or some kind of variant are what I prefer, naturally. Before the iPod Socks came out I sewed (go ahead and laugh, haha) my own version of one; and to tell the truth, it was the best case I ever had for the thing. Having access to the buttons on the front while in the case was not important to me, because how hard is it to slide some fabric down in order to touch the buttons? Even less necessary if you have the remote. I like these cases the best because they are the least bulky and when I toss my iPod in my pocket it's as if it's just the iPod alone. Then again, I'm very anal when it comes to protecting my stuff, so a fabric case would do fine since I guard my electronics like my unborn children.

In any case, if you're not up for socks but something else that is thin, check out www.radtech.us. They sell some very neat looking cases. I have never personally tried them out, however.