Back after 2 years! New purchase!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Wow, my profile still works, and shows my last post was in January of 2003 (!).

While I was shifting around in Air Force technical school, I made do with an iPaq PocketPC. I know, I know.... Well, a fellow crew chief showed me his iBook G4 with Panther installed, and I quickly remembered why I used Macs in the first place.

So, after saving up and then selling my old (pfft) iMac G4 on eBay, I've ordered a 12" iBook G4 with the 60GB drive, the World Travel Adapter kit, and the Incase 12" sleeve. I've also ordered a 1GB PC2100 stick from NewEgg (the one Domino recommended here). Apple doesn't ship to APO addresses, so I'm having it delivered to my sister, who'll re-send it to me.

Internet access is hard to come by in this part of Italy, so I'm getting a USB thumb drive to take to work (for software updates and apps, etc.). There's also the base library that has 802.11 access in and outside the building.

I've already got something like the first *month* planned out: ripping music, downloading apps and Unsanity haxies, shopping online for games (is Homeworld 2 any good?), and definitely showing off to my PC buddies. The PocketPC will be sold for cheap.

I can't wait!!!

Johnny Dangerously

F-16C Crew Chief, USAF

Aviano AB, Italy