Does the same LCD screens mean the same image quality?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
The Formac 2010 uses Fujitsu?s (MVA) TFT screen. It also looks like Viewsonic's VX2000 also uses the same screen. Also Planar's PL210M has the same specs and might use the same screen as well.

If they use the same screens would the monitors have the same picture quality? Or is there more to an LCD monitor than just the screen? And or has anyone compared the Formac with the Viewsonic or Planar?

[ 11-20-2002: Message edited by: Eotku ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I don't know about the model numbers cited, but I can tell you that the same physical display will perform differently with different electronic drivers. Applying different intellectual property to the driver signals can produce significantly different performance.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I don't know about the model numbers cited, but I can tell you that the same physical display will perform differently with different electronic drivers. Applying different intellectual property to the driver signals can produce significantly different performance.

Alas, that's what I thought. Like you said in the other thread. [quote]The LCD market is one more where paper specs are not always reflected in visible results. Writing specifications for any product is an art. That is why we have reviews, to find out the reality behind the spec.<hr></blockquote>Unfortunately I haven't found any reviews for these monitors. I guess they are still too new? I did find one person who had a Formac 2010 and compared it to a Cinema Display and liked the Formac's Picture quality much better. I'll just keep digging and looking.

Thanks