I Need Data Recovery Help Fast

Posted:
in macOS edited December 2014
hey there

I am in a sticky situation and need some advice from a more experienced user.

Last night i managed to delete a user account, not realising that with it went all my iphotos and itunes files. I dont care about the music, but i really need my pictures back. i read on apple help that by using data recovery software it was possible to recount lost files even when deleted, but not secure deleted.

To add to this i really need to be doing uni work asap and am worried that if i start rendering films etc. i will quickly overwrite vast portions of my photos.

Does anybody know whether this is possible, what the best method to do this is, anything?!

I am desparate

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    i think you need Disk Warrior

or another nice disk utility app
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by MagicFingers

Can i download this from somewhere, do i need an external harddrive ro run it?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    If you didn't click "Delete Immediately" in the accounts panel when deleting the account, Panther will back up deleted user accounts into a .dmg file in a Deleted Users folder under Users. Try checking to see if there's anything there.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by MagicFingers

Disk Warrior doesn't recover deleted files. There is a utility called Data Rescue that can recover files from damaged hard drives, and it may help here. The same company makes other data recovery utilities. Here's a link.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    If you have an external drive you can run off of, do yourself a favor and do that. Anything you install or write to disk at this point could go over one of the files you are trying to recover.

Good luck.
  • Reply 6 of 6

Hard drives fail for a variety of reasons but chiefly among them are physical problems that can happen without warning and leave you, the user, without any ability to store information and also with a potentially fatal loss of information.  To this end www.advanceddatarecoverylondon.co.uk is on hand to help and our engineers assist you if you have suffered a hard drive breakdown either due to component failure or software/firmware problems.

Hard Disk Recovery