Three quick questions

gapgap
Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
So my iMac arrived and (once I finally got the broadband connected) I am very happy. I just have three quick questions:

1) Is turning the Firewall on really as simple as System Preferences > Sharing > turn it on? Is that me protected?

2) Is there a Mac equivalent of Ctrl + Alt + Delete in case a program ever stops running or freezes?

3) Is there any way to do a 'Open in New Window' type thing in Safari when you only have the one click mouse? (Apologises if this question is actually as stupid as I think it might be)

Thanks,

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    1) Yes.

2) Command-option-escape.

3) Hold down the command key when clicking the link, or click-and-hold the link to get the contextual menu.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    it's not click and hold, it's ctrl-click for the menu
  • Reply 3 of 5
    My Safari install has died and doesn't work, so I can't test. But at least in OmniWeb, I can click and hold links to get the contextual menu. I'd think it's the same in Safari. But that doesn't negate the ability to use ctrl-click, of course.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    gapgap Posts: 9member
    Thanks guys,

just one more thing: command + option +escape, i'm guessing the apple key is command but which one is option?

thanks
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Yes, the command button is the same as the apple button. Option is the key between command and ctrl - the alt key. :-)