Lost Packages

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
About a month and a half ago, I ordered a 512 MB CompactFlash card from Amazon.com. I got free shipping on it, so I knew it would take a little longer than normal to arrive. After two and a half weeks, though, I knew something was wrong. I checked my Account at Amazon and saw that my package had been delivered and signed by someone other than me. I contacted Amazon about it, they apologized and sent a replacement immediately. Very fast and very responsive. I was impressed.

Now, after purchasing my new PowerBook, I ordered 2x 512 MB DIMMs from Crucial to upgrade my system to 1 GB RAM. It has yet to arrive. I check on my order, and it has been delivered and signed by someone else! I contact Crucial through e-mail expecting the same results as with Amazon (or better; I've had good experience with Crucial in the past), and they tell me that an "investigation" is under way with UPS. It may take up to 8 days to complete and then another 4-5 days to ship. And that's all assuming that the UPS investigation determines that I did not receive my package! What!?

It's frustrating to say the least. But, at least I knew how to contact Crucial, check my order online, etc. I can't even imagine what a mess this could cause for the "average" computer user who is just starting to get into online shopping.

I just hope my RAM comes, it's the right part, and it works. I wish they would reimburse my credit card in the meantime, though, just in case I never do receive my package. <Sigh>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    DO YOUR OWN INVESTIGATION

call your UPS office, and demand to know when it was signed for, and who delivered it, find out exactly what door he delivered it to.

...then press charges for forgery, and since it was transmitted electronicly to the UPS datacenter, wirefraud

Good luck!

btw: this is just another example of why I use fedex, and never UPS, unless it is the only option.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    reminds me of the italian mail ...

i ended never sending anything worth more than the stamp in hte italian mail. and i still dont.

a_greer's idea is very good, go for it.