Invisible Spam

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have over the last long while been receiving email where the subject is empty, the sender is empty and there is no content to the email. I just delete them. I'm wondering if anyone knows what they are and why I'm getting them.

flick.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flick Justice

I have over the last long while been receiving email where the subject is empty, the sender is empty and there is no content to the email. I just delete them. I'm wondering if anyone knows what they are and why I'm getting them.

flick.

I get around 3 to 5 of these everyday.

I once added these to my junk filter and the mail stopped working. I don't know if it was related to these emails but I have been deleting thm ever since and no problems so far.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    same here, I used to get a lot before changing my email address, and I would just delete them manually. I haven't noticed anything strange from them.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Well I'm glad its not just me then.

I'm really curious to find out what they are and where they are from..

flick.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    do they contain any embedded tags, embedded data, tracing addresses, etc? Maybe they're emails that "ping" an email account to see if they exist?

If you can, please post all the header information so we can try and trace the fokker.

PS Maybe its legitimate email that is "stripped" clean by an ISP or anti-spam/virus and so you get it a bit TOO cleaned?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    If you view source, you will actually see there is a program in there. Just another virus form some PC idio... I mean user.

Actually, I've recently been getting similar spams to my Macworld E-Mail address. There is a traitor among our clan.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    What is your email service yahoo, Hotmail etc. I have Yahoo and I don't get

any spam mail. Good Luck,

Matt\
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Wow I never thought to look at the source..

well here you all are:

From (null) Sat Dec 11 08:40:29 2004

Received: from ntc.net.pk [202.83.174.6] by Webmail.ThreeTier.net

(SMTPD32-8.13) id A318581300C4; Sat, 11 Dec 2004 08:32:40 -0700

Received: from dns3[1

X-RBL-Warning: DSBL: "http://dsbl.org/listing?202.83.174.6";

X-RBL-Warning: SPAMCOP: "Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?202.83.174.6"

X-RBL-Warning: BADHEADERS: This E-mail was sent from a broken mail client [8c200001].

X-RBL-Warning: WEIGHT10: Weight of 30 reaches or exceeds the limit of 10.

X-RBL-Warning: WEIGHT20: Weight of 30 reaches or exceeds the limit of 20.

X-Declude-Sender: [email protected] [202.83.174.6]

X-Note: This E-mail was scanned by Declude JunkMail (www.declude.com) for spam.

X-Spam-Tests-Failed: CBL, DSBL, SPAMCOP, BADHEADERS, CMDSPACE, WEIGHT10, WEIGHT20 [30]

X-Note: This E-mail was sent from ntc.net.pk ([202.83.174.6]).

X-UIDL: 394151777

enjoy

flick.