complete weather through AppleScript

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
so, i found this here SOAP thingy. from,xmethods.com ... It is called USA Weather Forecast...

and I want it to get the current condition (cloudy, raining, sunny, etc.) and the temp in Fahrenheit... can someone help me please? I was looking at the example that came with Mac OS X , for getting the temp, but I also want the condition. Or, if someone could help me dissect a Weather.com XML feed using AppleScript, that would be swell as well

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    If you just want the weather forecast (i.e. not trying to learn AppleScript, etc.) try WeatherPop. There's a free version as well as a pay version, but even the free one gives you the temperature (in F or C) and an icon indicating current conditions. It lives in your menu bar. Its data source is www.weather.gov.

The pay version, a whopping $8, includes some nice color icons and a lot more data such as humidity, sunrise/set, wind, dewpoint, even icon opacity.

If you don't like WeatherPop, there are other free and shareware applications that do pretty much the same thing, no coding necessary.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I already have something going from one website, but it does not work perfectly. I am trying to make an app that will put the weather on the desktop:

THIS IMAGE IS HUGE