G4 Powerbook slowing down

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

I own a G4 1ghz 1 inch powerbook and have owned it since the first release of the 17 inch powerbook. Recently it has been slowing down considerably. What can I do to just generally speed it up.

Some of the issues im having include like the text being slow to appear as im typing, slow internet pages load etc.

I have 1.5 GB ram in it so i dont think the ram is the problem.

Thanks

Logan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Logan

Hi,

I own a G4 1ghz 1 inch powerbook and have owned it since the first release of the 17 inch powerbook. Recently it has been slowing down considerably. What can I do to just generally speed it up.

Some of the issues im having include like the text being slow to appear as im typing, slow internet pages load etc.

I have 1.5 GB ram in it so i dont think the ram is the problem.

Thanks

Logan

I've found my 600 MHz iMac has slowed a lot since 10.3.6 but i don;t know why yours has. It could be a number of things, try disk permissions, I always do that if anything behaves oddly.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    Already tried that, its just been a gradual slow down since I got it. Kinda like what a windows machine does.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Logan

Already tried that, its just been a gradual slow down since I got it. Kinda like what a windows machine does.

I've got no idea then, sorry. My iMac has been getting faster (until now) with every update. Why not try asking Apple.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Try prebindings, it's like when you installed lots non apple software, then the system will slow down, I don't know how to do it by terminal, but u can search for it.... alternatively, you can use opitimizer x or some other apps that can do it.