I have some questions about buying at the Apple Store

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I really want to buy an iMac, but with all of its problems, I think I want to forgo buying a BTO from Apple and maybe just buy a stock model from the Apple Store in Tyson?s Corner or Apple.com so it's easier to deal with any potential problems. I just some basic questions though:

1. Can you use the education discount at the Apple store?

2. Is the return policy same for online purchases? 10 days? How much do you have to pay for repackaging fee?

3. Can you return an online purchase to the store?

4. Is it easy to install RAM and an AE card?

5. If there's a problem, will it show up right away? Or could it possibly show up later?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    1. Sure you can. You need a valid Student ID and a valid State ID.

2. Its 15 days and its 10% restocking fee.

3. I'm not sure if you can just go and return it, but if you give them a call and tell them that you want to return it, they might be inclinded to accept it. I never bought anything from Apple online because of their awful shipping & handling, so I can't speak with certainty.

4. Its pretty straight forward. A lot of people say this is the easiest Mac to upgrade with RAM and such.

5. If there's a hardware problem, it will show up right away. Same with software. You have 90 days free telephone service for Apple hardware/software, so it should not be a problem to give them a call during the first three months. If you buy RAM from a third party and have problems, I don't think Apple will be of much help but you can still try.

I hope you enjoy your new iMac when and if you buy it.