Itunes burning

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I've been importing a lot of cd's lately and was running out of disk room so I created a new music folder on a separate drive. Now though when I go to burn a playlist that has songs that are stored in this other folder itunes is automatically deselecting them. Do I need to have all the data in the same drive location?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    iTunes does this if you try to burn a data/MP3 cd with protected/purchased content. Could that be causing your problem? Also, how did you configure iTunes to use two seperate locations for your music library? Are you able to play the songs in the different location?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trick fall

I've been importing a lot of cd's lately and was running out of disk room so I created a new music folder on a separate drive. Now though when I go to burn a playlist that has songs that are stored in this other folder itunes is automatically deselecting them. Do I need to have all the data in the same drive location?

I think the best thing for iTunes to do is to move all your songs to the new drive. If you're asking it to keep arranged automatically that won't help either.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Thanks for the tips, I actually figured out that two of the music folders had the same name. Once I changed the name all was right in the world.