iPod photo and Applecare?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My friend bought a new iPod photo with Applecare, but he said the Applecare box didn't contain any discs or serial numbers. Just some general instructions. How does one register his/her iPod with Applecare after it has been purchased?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Michael Grey

My friend bought a new iPod photo with Applecare, but he said the Applecare box didn't contain any discs or serial numbers. Just some general instructions. How does one register his/her iPod with Applecare after it has been purchased?

Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken it's already registered. Apple does it when they sell you the AppleCare. I'll let you know for sure after Christmas, because my wife bought me an iPod photo with AppleCare for Christmas. Have a happy holiday!

Marc
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Great. Thanks (and congrats!)
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Michael Grey

Thanks.

The AppleCare Protection Plan for iPod I purchased with my iPod Photo has 4 heavy stock papers in it. The only one with an Apple logo has an orange title of "Activate your coverage today." There is a sticker with the "Enrollment No." on the back of this paper. Go to the http://www.apple.com/support/registration site. You'll need your iPod serial number and your purchase date in addition to this enrollment number. There is no CD needed!

-- Mehdi --
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks mehdi. I'm forwarding my friend a link to this thread now.