B & W G3 Monitor Flashes ON and OFF

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
My blue & white G3 monitor no longer stays on for more than few seconds. It just flashes on and off... Anyone hear of this problem?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    noseynosey Posts: 307member
    Did you install an ATI update a while ago? They had one which was faulty and replaced it a few days later... And you aren't running that hack which forces information on the PCI bus to approximate Quartz Extreme, are you?

That being said, what are the settings on your Energy Saver control panel, and your Screen Saver control panels? Those would be my first places to check...

And methinks someone is going to come and move this to Genius bar in a few moments...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    the B&W monitor studio display is faulty. Unless you have forced QE to run or have some weird settings, then it is probably a monitor failure. Was ur monitor poping and doing what seemed like a super powerful degaus?

Check out the apple website and the internet about this apple will replace the monitor for you for free
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I remember my monitor also turned yellow and Apple made us pay to get it fixed. But I think ast3r3x's description is pretty much what it's doing.

I'm not running QE on that machine, but I'll post my settings when I get home.