Apple should rename ipod photo

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
i don't know if it is because i am a little ignorant or not but i only learned today that the iPod photo could have music on it. i think that to help people be aware that it can store that apple should re-name the iPod Photo to iPod AV(audio video), iPod AP, Sound and picture iPod or some title showing that it can contain both pictures and music...

any thoughts...?

-PS

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    First I'll say that most people who are aware of the iPod would probably assume that the iPod photo carried music too. But the name iPod AV you wrote first sounded good to me until I realized that the V in video is a bit misleading. Still, something along those lines you suggested might be good. I guess I'm not particularly attached to any name per se.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PS5533

i don't know if it is because i am a little ignorant or not but i only learned today that the iPod photo could have music on it. i think that to help people be aware that it can store that apple should re-name the iPod Photo to iPod AV(audio video), iPod AP, Sound and picture iPod or some title showing that it can contain both pictures and music...

any thoughts...?

-PS

I understand your thought process but:

iPod = MP3 player

iPod min = mini MP3 player

iPod U2 = U2 special edition MP3 player

iPod photo = photrs plus MP3 player

too be honest I don't see many people getting confused. iPod is Apple's music brand name, things after it are what else is included.